PHP and Mobile Application Development
Founded in 2005, Pale Purple works primarily with small to medium sized organisations, providing programming resource, expertise and technical support.
We generally look for long term relationships with our customers – and want to help them succeed. To the extent that we’re not afraid to suggest solutions that result in us losing work in the short term.
We specialise in creating, customising or maintaining web application software – typically bespoke web applications for businesses involving PHP – for example :
- e-commerce websites,
- content management systems,
- internal web applications,
- APIs for use by third party applications,
- public facing web applications.
We typically find that every customer is unique – so the work we provide is quite varied – for instance -
- integrating remote web services (SOAP/REST) to provide new functionality to an application,
- customising existing off the shelf software CMS software (such as WordPress or Concrete5),
- adding mobile friendly (responsive designs) to existing web applications,
- adding new reporting features to a backend system or
- optimising an existing application to improve responsiveness or scalability
Mobile Application Development
More recently, we’ve started to develop mobile apps for Android and iOS using either HTML5 (PhoneGap) or natively. These tend to be data driven applications (not games) – often talking to a remote servers to retrieve or submit data. For example :
- retrieving food hygiene ratings for nearby premises
- allowing engineers to retrieve and work on jobs displayed on a mobile device, with offline capability and integration with the mobile device (alerts, notifications, GPS, navigation and camera) or
- bar code reader and generator