- VAT Number: 884 – 6231 – 01
- Pale Purple is a trading name for Pale Purple Ltd.
- Registered Office: Studio 4, 49 Birmingham Road, Bromsgrove, B61 0DR, United Kingdom.
- Telephone: 0845 0046746 or 0121 314 6878.
- Companies House Registration Number: 5580814.
As with nearly all websites, some information about you (the visitor to this site) is logged. This may be through cookies (stored by your browser) or log files on the web server (containing your IP address and the URLs for pages you accessed). This is no different to how 99.9+% of other websites work.
While we make every effort to ensure that the information on this website (under the domain, palepurple.co.uk) is accurate and correctly stated, we can accept no liability for any consequences arising from its use.
If you find any inaccuracies, errors or omissions on this website, please contact us, and we will attempt to correct them.
When writing software for a customer, on a bespoke basis, each contract is often different. We can provide you with a relatively generic document stating our terms and conditions if you so wish – just contact us.
In a nutshell, we usually operate on the following basis :
- New customers will be required to pay 25% upfront before work commences — subsequent work will not be subject to this condition.
- The customer will have full access to the source code during and after development.
- Some libraries we use will be covered by various Open Source licenses (BSD, LGPL etc).
- We will provide bug fixes to the application for one year after deployment.
- The customer will be able to deploy the code on as many systems as they choose, or sell it to others.
- We maintain the right to reuse library code we may have written for a customer in future work for other customers.
For websites and email accounts we host –
- We will not knowingly share or disclose your data with third parties, except as required through UK law.
- If we have reasonable grounds to think your data may have been accessed by unauthorised individuals, we will notify you as soon as practically possible and discuss options. In the short term we may take the service offline until we can contact you to limit any further damage or data loss.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data remains confidential and secure by appropriately securing the server and environment your site is hosted in. However vulnerabilities may arise which may be outside of the service we provide, for example :
- the software itself needs updating to patch a recently discovered vulnerability (e.g. a WordPress site with a vulnerable plugin installed by the customer).
- through human interactions – such as the customer creating a user account with weak or predictable passwords.
- We may aggregate and analyse data for the purposes of statistical analysis – for example, tracking website usage, server utilisation and capacity planning. Such statistics will not include data that can be used to identify an individual.