PHP Development and Consultancy
We provide on-demand PHP consultancy and expertise for customers; this may consist of irregular “can you add this to our site?” requests to regular weekly progress reviews depending on the size of the project.
Examples of what we do are :
- Auditing of existing systems to highlight weak areas such as security, performance or potential maintainability issues.
- Assist in the design of an application – suggesting tools and processes which can help development.
- Suggest improvements for design, architecture, development techniques and practices.
- Call on our training expertise to provide focussed assistance for fast, efficient problem solving and explanation.
- Emergency help and backup — perhaps your in-house developer is on holiday and you need cover?
We can provide developer resources to track down and fix particular bugs, or solve urgent problems.
PHP Application Development
We normally take responsibility for the entire design and deployment of a web application, however some customers may have graphical design expertise in house, or a developer who doesn’t have the time to take on a larger project alone.
Zend Certified Engineers
All our developers are Zend Certified Engineers (PHP5). We have first hand experience developing and maintaining applications in a range of areas such as e-commerce (online shops), invoicing/quotation, reporting, data warehousing, bulk mailing and more.
Open Source Solutions
Open Source software ensures there are no long term license compliance issues, and provides you with the ability to change the software at will in the future.
We will generally require some form of requirements specification to start work on a project. This may be something we create alongside you, or something you provide. Depending on the project, it may range from a number of screen-shots to a 50 page listing of business rules.
Other Past Projects
Past projects range from migration of legacy thick client (e.g. MS Access) solutions to web based interfaces, maintenance and support of third party e-commerce applications (Magento and bespoke) to creation of a web crawling robot to help provide marketing statistics.
See some examples of our work.
We enjoy challenges and look forward to hearing about yours!