Responsive WordPress theming for Anorak.co.uk
Our new, responsive theme for Anorak.co.uk has gone live (caution: the site is probably not “safe for work”).
- Much better layout on mobile devices (e.g. smart phones) which account for 40% of traffic
- Better navigation support for mobile users (who can’t use normal hover-over menus due to the touch screen UI)
- Better advert selection for mobile devices – which should increase revenue – i.e. for narrow screens, a narrow advert is used.
- Faster load times due to a more asynchronous page load nature – page views should increase as end users have to wait less (i.e reduce drop out rate)
- Reduced server load (fewer, more cache friendly, components)
If you open the site in a desktop browser window, you should notice the layout changing if you resize the browser from e.g. full screen to a narrow window.